- CHAD contains data obtained from pre-existing human activity studies that were collected at city,
state, and national levels. CHAD is intended to provide input data for exposure/intake dose modeling and/or statistical analysis.
- Two versions of CHAD are available. This online version and a version that can be run on a Windows PC. The PC version has the
raw values from most of the studies in addition to the combined values available here.
- CHAD is a master database providing access to other human activity databases using a consistent format. This facilitates access
and retrieval of activity and questionnaire information from those databases to which EPA has access to and uses in its various
regulatory analyses undertaken by program offices.
- Having CHAD on the web is consistent with EPA Information Management goals:
- Improving access to environmental data.
- Integrating data and providing universal access to it via the Web.
- Developing data and electronic repository standardization protocols.