About Power Profiler
- Last Updated: October 8, 2015
- Data source: eGRID2012 data.
- Data in Excel format: Power Profiler eGRID subregion and GHG emissions finder tool version 6.0 (XLS) (3.5M)
In the United States, electricity is generated in many different ways, with a wide variation in environmental impact. Electricity generation from the combustion of fossil fuels contributes toward unhealthy air quality, acid rain, and global climate change.
Many electricity customers can choose their provider of electricity or can purchase green power from their utility. In fact, you might now have the option of choosing cleaner, more environmentally friendly sources of energy.
Enter your ZIP code and electric utility to:
- Compare the fuel mix and air emissions rates of the electricity in your region to the national average.
- Determine the air emissions impacts of electricity use in your home or business
Power Profiler does not provide information about the environmental attributes of electric power generated by individual companies. For company-specific information, access EPA's eGRID database.
Use Power Profiler in Class?
When a number of students in a classroom use the Power Profiler application at the same time, the service may be temporarily blocked. To ensure that the tool will run smoothly during your planned classroom activity, please call EPA at 202-343-9268.